SEBA Board Class 9 2nd Unit Test Model Question Paper:
2nd Unit Test -2021
Subject – English
Class – IX
Time – 2 hour
1. Who is the poet of the poem “A Legend of the Northland”? 1
2. Where did the Saint Peter come at the end of the day? 1
3. who were Abdul Kalam’s school friends? What did they later become? 2
4. How does the author describe his mother. 2
5. What did Saint Peter do with the lady? 2
6. Who is Samsuddin? 1
7. What characteristics does Abdul kalam say he inherited from his parents? 3
8. How does the woodpecker get her food? 2
9. What is Legend? 1
10. How did Abdul Kalam earn his first wages? 2
11. a) Why does the Happy Prince send a ruby for the seamstress? What does the swallow do in the seamstress’ house? 4
b) Why does the courtiers call the Prince “Happy Prince”? Was he really happy? What
did he see all around him? 4
12. Rewrite the following sentences putting the verbs in the brackets in their correct tense form: 1X2=2
a) He (read) The Ramayana daily.
b) He was (kill) in the battle.
13. Make a good sentence of the group of jumbled words. 1X2=2
a) The time is picnics best for winter.
b) The saw in boy I the shop.
14. Do as Directed.1X3=3
a) I am an engineer, __? (Add Tag Question)
b) Mr. Baruah is a Teacher. ( Ask Question).
c) He wants to become a doctor. (Make Interrogative)
15. Change the form of Narration. 1X2=2
a) He said to me, “Shut the door”.
b) The Teacher asked the student if he had done her homework.
16. Change the voice. 1X2=2
a) Take care of your health.
b) Was it done by you?
17. Change the degree of comparison. 1X2=2
a) The Everest is the highest peak in the world. ( Change into positive degree)
b) No other place is as good as home. ( Change into comparative degree)
18. Choose the correct preposition from the brackets. 1/2X4=2
a) I am proud my motherland. (on/of/ in)
b) They will buy a new dress — 500 rupees. (on/of/for)
c) The man is blind his daughter’s fault. of/in/on)
d) He is sitting —___ the desk. (On /in/at)
18. Translate into English:- 1X4=4
a) যদুৱে মােক সুধিছিল, ” তুমি কলৈ যােৱা? ”
b) ৰাম এজন ভাল ল’ৰা, নহয়জানাে?
c) মই এইমাত্র স্কুলৰ পৰা আহিলাে।
d) বেমাৰৰ বাবে মই স্কুল যাব পৰা নাই ।
19. Answer either (a) or (b):
a) Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper about lack of proper medical facilities in your locality in view of the Covid-19 pandemic.
(b) Write a report for a local daily on the basis of the information given below:
Celebration of Independence Day/ Republic day at your school/college. Hints: (i)Hoisting of National Flag by the Principal (ii) Singing of the National Anthem (iii) Speech by the Principal (iv) Other speakers including students (v) Closing of the function.