Narration/Speech Change from “Thank You Ma’am”: Class 12th WBCHSE Textual Grammar: Dear students, you can find here Class XII English(2nd Language) Textual Grammar Question & Answer.
|Post Title||Narration/Speech Change from “Thank You Ma’am”|
|Class||12th or XII|
|Chapter||“Thank You Ma’am” by Langston Hughes|
|Type||Textual Grammar Question & Answer|
➤ After that the woman said, “Pick up my pocket-book, boy, and give it here.”
– After that the woman ordered that boy to pick up her pocket-book and give it there.
➤Then she said, “Now ain’t you ashamed of yourself?”
– Then she asked if he was not ashamed of himself.
➤The boy said, “Yes’m.”
– The boy admitted it.
➤The woman said, “What did you want to do it for?”
– The woman asked what he had wanted to do it for.
➤The boy said, “I didn’t aim to.”
– The boy said that he had not aimed to.
➤She said, “You a liar!”
– She called the boy a liar.
➤ “If I turn you loose, will you run?” asked the woman.
– The woman asked if she turned him loose whether he would run or not.
– The woman asked whether he would run or not if she turned him loose.
➤”I’m very sorry, lady, I’m sorry”, whispered the boy.
– The boy expressed his sorrow in a whisper.
➤”Then it will get washed this evening”, said the large woman.
– The large woman said that then it would get washed that evening.
➤The woman said, “Least I can do right now is to wash your face.”
– The woman said that least she could do right then was to wash his face.
➤She said, “Are you hungry?”
– She asked if he was hungry.
➤Being dragged the boy said, “I just want you to turn me loose.”
– Being dragged the boy said that he just wanted her to turn him loose.
➤ “Was I bothering you when I turned that corner?” asked the woman.
– The woman asked if she had been bothering him when she had turned that corner.
➤”But you put yourself in contact with me” said the woman.
-The woman said that he had put himself in contact with her.
➤She said, “When I get through with you, sir, you are going to remember Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones.”
-She said that when she got through with him, he was going to remember Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones.
➤”Then, Roger, you go to that sink and wash your face”, said the woman.
-The woman told Roger to go to that sink and wash his face.
➤”Let the water run until it gets warm”, she said.
– She told him to let the water run until it got warm.
– She said that the water might run until it got warm.
Check Also Here: