Narration or Speech change from “Jimmy Valentine” | Class XI English WBCHSE: Dear students, you can find here Class 11th Textual Grammar of the Board of WBCHSE. We have given here Narration or Speech change with an answer.
|Topic||Narration or Speech change|
|Category of The Post||Class 11th Textual Grammar|
Narration or Speech change from “Jimmy Valentine”
►”Now, Valentine,” said the warden, “you’ll go out in the morning.”
– The warden told Valentine that he would go out in the morning.
►The warden said, “Brace up, and make a man of yourself.”
-The warden advised him to brace up, and make a man of himself.
► Jimmy said in surprise, “Why, I never cracked a safe in my life.”
– Jimmy replied in surprise that he had never cracked a safe in his life.
► Jimmy said, “Why, warden, I was never in Springfield in my life.”
– Jimmy enquired of warden and confessed that he had never been in Springfield in his life.
►”Take him back, Cronin!” said the warden.
-The warden ordered Cronin to take him back.
►The warden said, “Better think over my advice, Valentine.”
– The warden advised Valentine that it would be better for him to think over his advice.
►”Sorry we couldn’t make it sooner, Jimmy, me boy,” said Mike.
– Mike politely apologised and told Jimmy that they could not make it sooner.
► Jimmy said, “I’m representing the New York Amalgamated Short Snap Biscuit Cracker and Frazzled Wheat Company Limited.”
– Jimmy replied that he was representing the New York Amalgamated Short Snap Biscuit Cracker and Frazzled Wheat Company Limited.
►”Isn’t that young lady Polly Simpson?” asked Jimmy.
– Jimmy asked him if that young lady was Polly Simpson.
►The boy said, “Is that a gold watch-chain?”
-The boy asked if that was a gold watch-chain.
►”Wouldn’t I make a nice drummer?” said Annabel.
– Annabel asked if she would not make a nice drummer.
►”Going to marry the banker’s daughter are you, Jimmy?” said Ben to himself.
-Ben softly enquired of himself if it was Jimmy who was going to marry the banker’s daughter.
►”I’m getting awfully economical,” said Jimmy coolly.
-Jimmy coolly said that he was getting awfully economical.
►”The door can’t be opened,” he groaned.
-He groaned that the door could not be opened.
➤ “All be quiet for a moment,” he called loudly.
-He called loudly that all should be quiet for a moment.
►”Listened to me,” He said.
-He told to listen to him.
➤ “There isn’t a man nearer than Little Rock who can open that door,” said Mr. Adams.
– Mr. Adams said that there was not a man nearer than Little Rock who could open that door.
➤ “Can’t you do something, Ralph – try, won’t you?” said Annabel.
-Annabel requested Ralph and asked if he could do something.
►”Get away from the door, all of you,” he commanded.
-He commanded all of them to get away from the door.
►”Don’t believe I recognise you. Your buggy is waiting for you, ain’t it?” he said.
– He (Ben) denied to recognise him (Jimmy) and thought that his buggy was waiting for him.
You Might Be Also Like: